Knappenkapelle St. Anna
In addition to copper, nickel, lead, mercury, cobalt and magnesite, silver was also mined in the Schwarzleo Valley in Leogang. This was used in the city of Salzburg for the still very popular Salzburg silver coins. The European silver saint is St. Anne and so in 1770, when Salzburg's Prince Archbishop Sigismund III Christoph Count Schrattenbach had the chapel built in Hütten, it was placed under the patronage of the grandmother of Christ and mother of Mary, St. Anne. Special feature of the interior: In Europe there are only a handful of mining altars (e.g. in Annaberg-Buchholz / Saxony), one of which is in Hütten in the Anna Chapel. It shows among some mining saints the mining village of Hütten with a mouth hole (entrance to the gallery), from there a miner is just pushing out a hunt (cart for transporting ore-bearing rock). Every year on July 26 the village of Hütten invites to the "Annafest". The mining village Hütten is looking forward to your visit.